Thursday, February 17, 2011

Banana Oaties (Sugarless Cookies)

Another fave of ours, these are requested a lot and replace COOKIES for us. My kids named these “Banana Oaties”. They are SO yummy! And NO SUGAR!

Ingredients:

3 LARGE, ripe bananas

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted

1 tsp pure vanilla

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

Mix well and then stir in:

2 cups oats (We use certified gluten free oats but if you can tolerate gluten, any will do.)

2/3 cup almond meal

1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut

1/4 cup flax meal

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (apricots, cranberries, dates, raisins, etc)

Place on a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet in rounded spoonfuls (a small cookie scoop works great!) and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until bottom is a light golden brown and edges are starting to brown. Try to share!

2 comments:

  1. The first time I made these, I used hazelnut meal instead of almond meal and I used dates, apricots and pecans in the cookies.

    This time I used raisins and peanut butter.

    I love how flexible these are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Quinoa Flakes, Turkish Apricots & raisins. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete