Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks

They may not be pretty, but they're delicious!
If you can have dairy, you must make these. RIGHT NOW. Go ahead and get the ingredients, I'll wait. Back? ok, here you go.

The original recipe came from here, but, as the Whole Foodigans are wont to do, I tweaked it a bit, but I'm still not calling myself a "tweaker". ;)

Mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks or chunks or whatever strikes your fancy
bread crumbs mixed with Italian seasoning and salt (I made my own bread crumbs by toasting pieces of my bread)
eggs
fine flour like rice or sorghum (I used sorghum)
coconut oil (what else?)
Marinara

While making cheese sticks, heat marinara or your cheese sticks will get cold. Ask me how I know.

Heat coconut oil to cover bottom of pan about 1/4".
Dip cheese in flour, egg, bread crumbs and then if you want, back in the egg and breadcrumbs.
Put in oil.
PAY attention! Don't forget to turn them, they cook very quickly.

Eat. Die of deliciousness.
You're welcome.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment